Why Join the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce & Industry?
You are a small business. A medium business. A big business.
Join The Greater Reading Chamber and you are part of a group of 1,500 reputable businesses. Member businesses that make up our Chamber are investing in their business and our region’s communities. As a member, you have access to our vast network of individuals, businesses and resources. Our goal is to support you and your business whether that's connecting you to others in your field, providing training and education to your workforce, or advocating for pro-business policies and issues on your behalf.
Click to join now: Membership Application
Discover what the Chamber can do for you.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
YOUR CHAMBER SUPPORTS SMALL BUSINESS
- Scorecard – a free business assessment tool that provides a roadmap to successfully identifying strengths and weaknesses in the business
- Subject Matter Experts - free consultation with professionals to assist with challenges you face
- Connections to valuable resources within the community
- Big Focus on Small Business is a confidential forum for small business owners, or major decision makers of a small business, where they can learn and share in a safe and non-threatening environment. Facilitated by SCORE (former CEOs, CFOs, Directors of Sales/Marketing and Management Executives) and meets monthly.
YOUR CHAMBER HELPS BUILD RELATIONSHIPS
- Monthly breakfasts ($17 payable at the door)-First Wednesday of the month- 7:45-9:00 a.m.
- Free Networking Receptions each month
- Event sponsorships and Advertising opportunities in print, online and electronic media
- Free promotion of achievements through Ribbon Cuttings, Newsmaker Section and Social Media
- Monthly Power Networking events and weekly LEADS Group meetings (additional fee)
- Free directory listing on the Chamber website and mobile app, MyChamberApp
YOUR CHAMBER HELPS REDUCE BUSINESS EXPENSES
- Choice of medical plans through PA Chamber Insurance
- Member’s Only savings on ancillary insurance products
- Pooled Electric Purchase Program
- Member’s Only savings on office supplies, credit card processing, Constant Contact, and other expenses
YOUR CHAMBER BUILDS MORE WOMEN LEADERS
- Managed by the Chamber, Women2Women’s goal is to create more women leaders in Berks County by providing a forum where women from diverse backgrounds can learn, share ideas and mentor each other
YOUR CHAMBER SUPPORTS FAMILY BUSINESSES
- Berks Family Business Alliance was created to address the unique issues that families working together often struggle to overcome. We provide resources and support to family-owned businesses
YOUR CHAMBER TRAINS YOUR WORKFORCE
- Training- relevant, hands-on, practical and effective professional development
- Monthly emailed newsletters focusing on human resources issues (HR Matters Newsletters)
- Monthly emailed newsletters focusing on small businesses (Biz Tips Newsletter)
YOUR CHAMBER DRIVES PUBLIC POLICY
- Chamber focuses on reducing the cost of doing business and keeping the business environment competitive
- Interactive Government Affairs website - GreaterReadingVoice.com
YOUR CHAMBER BUILDS THE COMMUNITY
- Drive initiatives that enhance the attractiveness and quality of place in the Greater Reading region, for example implemented All Eyes on Reading Camera Campaign for the city of Reading, supported Greater Reading Convention and Visitor’s Bureau Market Destination Analysis, hosts the Young Leaders Conference
First Year FREE Benefits for All Members:
- One FREE 10 inch column ad in the Reading Eagle ($360 value)
- Twelve FREE fifteen-second radio spots on WEEU ($240 value)
- Two FREE tickets to breakfast where your company is recognized and a picture is placed in our newsletter emailed to over 5,400 business contacts ($28 Value)
- One FREE Power Networking Lunch ($15 Value)
Annual FREE Benefits for All Members:
- A FREE listing/link on our website ($50 value)
- Two FREE listings (alpha and by category) in our directory which is distributed to over 4500 key business contacts and chamber members ($200 value)
- A FREE monthly subscription to Berks County Living Magazine and 10% off advertising in this magazine ($19.95 value plus more!- distribution is 30,000)
- Referrals from Chamber staff and the Chamber website
- Opportunity to have company news promoted in the Member Matters section of the digital newsletter
- Reduced pricing for events, programs, and marketing opportunities
- Complimentary grand opening/special event ribbon cuttings and planning kit
- A FREE Chamber membership directory ($25 value)
- One FREE one hour consultation via our Professional Resource Program ($100 value)
For more information, contact the Chamber at 610.376.6766.