Catalyst on Commerce
Catalyst on Commerce is a professional, high-energy cowork (shared workspace) setting where you can work, form networks, meet with clients, share ideas, host meetings, and interact with like-minded professionals. It is a place where you can connect, collaborate, and cowork.
Coworking allows you to work for yourself, but not by yourself. Often referred to as 'independent collaboration,' coworking is perfect for entrepreneurs, sole proprietors, professionals who often work from home, for early stage small businesses, as well as for out-of-town businesses looking to establish a local presence.
Several shared workspace settings are available to meet your needs, including shared open workspace with lounge-style tables and seating, cubicles, and private offices. It includes access to WiFi and many other amenities such as the use of conference rooms and AV equipment. The Catalyst is open from 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (except for the holidays the Chamber celebrates).
- Lounge areas
- AV equipment in conference rooms
- Conference call capabilities
- Beautiful artwork (available for sale)
- Kitchen area with refrigerator, microwave and coffee
- Sodas and water (can be purchased for $0.50)
- Paper shredding
- Two Conference rooms with table and comfortable seating for 8-12 people.
Equipped with white board and AV equipment.
- Lockers (free with one year membership; $5.00 a month for 3- or 6-month memberships)
- Mailing address and mail slots (available for one year membership only)
- Handicap accessible
- Free parking
- Networked color copier/printer (access for fee)
- Many great people for you to connect, collaborate and co-work with
Click here for MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS. NOTE: Membership at the Catalyst is only available to members of the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Contact Trinity Zappone, Business Services Representative, at 610.898.7774.
Coworking is redefining the way we do work. The idea is simple: that independent professionals and those with workplace flexibility work better together than they do alone. Coworking answers the question that so many face when working from home: 'Why isn't this as fun as I thought it would be?' Beyond just creating better places to work, coworking spaces are built around the idea of community-building and sustainability. Coworking spaces agree to uphold the values set forth by those who developed the concept in the first place: collaboration, community, sustainability, openness, and accessibility.
- Source: http://wiki.coworking.info
A social gathering of a group of people, who are still working independently, but who share values and who are interested in the synergy that can happen from working with talented people in the same space.
- Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coworking
- 14 Reasons Why Joining a Coworking Space Beats Renting Your Own Private Office Space
- Five reasons why you should join a coworking space